Friday, June 6, 2008

The Temple is a Holy Place




I love to see the Temple. I'm going there someday to feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray. For the Temple is a house of God, a place of love and beauty. I'll prepare myself while I am young. This is my sacred duty.

I love to see the Temple. I'll go inside someday. I'll covenant with my Father; I'll promise to obey. For the Temple is a holy place where we are sealed together. As a child of God, I've learned this truth: A family is forever.

24 of our 36 students took a trip to the London England Temple on a free day. It was the most peaceful and beautiful day I'd had on the trip. We were able to enter the walls of the temple and participate in sacred ordinances. I took family names from Grandma Hemingway and had special and tender feelings for those family members. It was a beautiful experience.

5 comments:

Doug & Jessica Hansen said...

Hey!!! Your in London?! This is Jessica (Waite) Hansen! I'm glad to see you blog I haven't talked to many old friends but I was excited when I found out Allyson blogged then she led me to you! Well it looks like you are just having a blast! I hope life is great. Let me know how you're doing.

Lara said...

Lyndi Mecham, oh my goodness you are in London?! I am so glad I found your blog now we can stay in touch! Check ours out!

Lara (DeMille) Heiselbetz

Doug & Jessica Hansen said...

Oh thanks for visiting my blog and replying! I love blogging too! Though sometimes life gets so busy it takes me forever to even get on the computer I do love it. You can call me Jess or Jessie or whatever you dang well please. It doesn't really make much of a difference to me : ). I am hoping you keep blogging and share a little bit more of what you are doing with school and church and of course your love life : ) of course you don't have to tell me all that if ya don't want I'd just love to hear it. So yeah I'm glad you joined the blogging world and I hope more friends do. I'm missing you all. I hope you are having a stupendous time living life!

Meka said...

Lyndi my love how are you?? I had no idea you had a blog! I am so glad I stumbled upon it! I miss you! It looks like you are doing great! Come back to the valley and marry one of the Hilton boys, there are plenty to choose from and we could be sisters! Sound like a good plan?

Meka said...

Lyndi- If we ever have a kid I might just have to name it after you! I love you, thanks so much for your sweet comment, and for being so empathetic! I am definitely all for going to see your Dr. I believe the body is made to heal itself too. A lot of times Doctors will just try to cover up the problem instead of correcting it. All the hormones I have had to take just make me feel so unhealthy. Thanks so much for letting me know about your Dr. I will call you or your momma sometime for the info ok. Lyndi you are my favorite! So are you still in London or are you back in Provo? I love all the pictures by the way!