Friday, January 23, 2009

I Nephi, having been born of goodly parents . . .

"What could you do better for your children and your children's children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?"

President Spencer W Kimball

My sister Heidi loves quotes. She sent us a text a few days ago asking if we had any really good ones to maybe be her theme for the year. I think she's amazing at keeping a journal, and when I read this quote I thought of her. I'm an awful journal writer, if you count journaling as only writing the events of the day in a diary looking book. I think I have to look outside the box to keep my record. I think I count blogging as a record. Then, if I do that, it's not so bad! :) I share my feelings and tell funny stories about stupid and cool things I do. I've shared testimony and talked about overcoming fears. And! you all get to read it! Luckies! I type a bajillion times faster than I write with a pen or pencil, so I tend to write more often. I like getting things done but I really love detail. Details are hard to capture when you write slow and there's a space or time limit to meet. Books can be restricting that way . . . anyway. I just wanted to share this cool quote, and you know . . . add to this record, which I know is a true account that I make with mine own hand. ;)

No comments: