Friday, October 3, 2008

Tiffed

Ok, I just need to blow some steam. I study in the library. I like studying in the library. It's quiet and, for me, productive. I came into the library after my 10 o'clock class to study for an exam. However, I had a thought. "My buddy so-and-so studies in the basement! I'll bet he/she's down there now. I could write that paper on a computer down there and run into him/her. Sweet plan." So, I took the stairs to the basement comptuer rather than the 5th floor cubicle, in hopes of seeing my friend. Ok. I sit down, log in, get all my little windows open . . . gmail, blackboard, and Microsoft Word . . . and take a little look around. There he/she is! :) I wanted to surprise the friend in question, so I just sat taller and made myself look more prominent. This is where I set myself up for failure. The party in question either totally didn't notice me or totally didn't recognize me! It has NOT been very long since I've seen the person, so they should remember, even at least vaguely that we are friends and not just acquaintances. I just bide my time, waiting for them to notice. He/she was packing up to leave and I was getting nervous. What if they didn't come over? I put all of this effort into coming to see them and they were just going to walk away. But then, I see him/her look up and smile. It's got to be at me, right?! We even made eye contact! They're coming over! I scoot out of the desk to stand up for the hug . . . and they walk past and up the stairs behind me. :( Devastating. I don't think I'll be able to bring myself into the basement of the library for a long time. 5th floor cubicles don't allow you to make stupid mistakes when you want to surprise someone. You're all enclosed, with no one to surprise, and no distractions to keep you from studying for that History of Costume exam. I'm done venting now. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

hooray for 5th floor cubicles! i started studying there my soph year when my mom showed me where her caroll was. aw, i know, nostalgic.
(and sometimes you can sneak food when no ones looking)

Duane and Meka said...

Aww Lyndi maybe you think they saw you but didn't? Doesn't he/she know Lyndi hugs make their day better and much happier?

Pitt Family said...

That's why I spent all my time at home. Or at work. Not studying. Ever.