Friday, May 23, 2008

The British Museum: Enlightenment

Well, dear reader, today I visited the British Museum. Before the museum trip, however, Meagan, Amy, Jess and I went to Hyde Park. I was tired and groggy because I didn't follow Ben Franklin's advice, but went to bed late and got up late instead. My eyes were watery because the wind was blowing and little fuzzy things kept flying into them. I felt pretty miserable. So . . . because I was miserable . . . I just let my eyes get a little more watery. :) It was an interesting day in the park . . . I have no idea what was wrong, I was just miserable. Then we headed back to the flat, ate some lunch and I took a break. I watched an episode of Avatar (Sokka's Master) and read my scriptures after which I felt quite a bit better and ready for the museum. As we went through the museum, however, that miserable feeling came back. But, this time it had purpose. I was looking at artifacts from Egypt. Well, I just got back from Egypt! I was there with my family! The last time I was in London, I was here with my family! There is an exhibit in the museum for a season called "The Enlightenment" and I feel that with my visit to the museum, I have been enlightened as to this mysterious pit in my heart all the time! The thought that came to me in the middle of a Greek exhibit was, "I miss my family so much that I am miserable!" It's so true! All I want is to be with them. I may be in London where sooooo many people want to be at some point in their lives, and they may be in Logandale, Nevada (sometimes referred to as the Armpit of America), but all I want is to be with them. I felt justified in this thought and proceeded through the museum feeling somewhat lighter. Enlightened, perhaps?

No comments: