Sunday, May 18, 2008

The theatre, the theatre, what's happened to the theatre?


They're doing ballet! Our first production to see without the program group was Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty Ballet, here in the Royal Opera House. This is one of my favorite pictures I've taken so far, perhaps, for the artistic cut and quality of it. Anyway . . . I thought of Pamela, almost the entire time, and thought how amazing she would be on that stage, with her golden hair glistening under the lights, and I would design her lovely costume for her. Too bad Prima Ballerinas, like the one who played the title role, only wear tutus. But! Pamela, your tutu would be the most lovely and sensible thing you've ever worn. The costuming was by FAR my favorite thing about watching the ballet, unless you count hearing the music associated with a favorite Disney classic.

No comments: