Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Country Walk . . .


You may think, "Oh, lovely! A jaunt through the British countryside!" I would have thought so too, but I was the one on the walk. It was more like a hike - an 8 mile uphill/downhill/cross country hike. My muscles are pulsing, which makes me feel good about myself (it means I did something worthwhile . . .) and my feet are sore. The trees were amazing - and constantly in your face- the clouds were gorgeous - and ALL over the sky! - and there were several streams that I found pleasing. This picture doesn't do justice to the strenuous nature of . . . 1/8 . . . of the hike, but it was lovely. There was one hill that was quite painful and made me really embarrassed at how much I have not been climbing stairs since I moved from Heather Cove. We had a beautiful day and I'll sleep soundly tonight.

No comments: